Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Waking Up with The Skimm

Hello everyone! Long time no see! Is it just me or can you not believe that Thanksgiving is TOMORROW!? I sure can't! Hope you all have some exciting plans coming up. Mine will include going to not one but two Thanksgiving's - Benson's family first and mine later! I have to say that our family plans could not have worked out better. His family likes to do dinner early in the afternoon and my family eats around 6 or so. I love that we're able to spend the holiday with both sides and that we all live so close. Can't wait for my grandma's stuffing (which is the best part of the Thanksgiving meal if I do say so myself!)

For today's post, I wanted to share one of my must-have's every weekday morning which is The Skimm.



Just what is The Skimm? It's a newsletter that's delivered to your inbox every weekday (mine comes in at around 6:30 in the morning) that covers the most recent news broken down into easy to understand and witty paragraphs! I love that I can stay up to date on everything that's going on and it actually makes me enjoy reading the news. It's no more than a 10 minute read so it's perfect to read on your way to work, while you have your morning coffee, and get ready! 

I've been reading The Skimm for about 2-3 years now and have been a Skimm'bassador for a year. A Skimm'bassador is someone who has gotten at least 10 people to sign up for The Skimm using your unique link (see mine below!). Once you have at least 10 people, you're sent a cute tote and officially added to the Skimm'bassador Facebook group and LinkedIn page. They have milestones for different referral counts that include a t-shirt, wine glass, umbrella, cellphone case, apparel and more. I love being a Skimm'bassador and connecting with others in The Skimm community! It's a great way to get involved and connect with people who have similar interests as you. 

Another great reason to sign up for The Skimm is that they do frequent giveaways! By sharing your link and having people sign up you're then entered into their giveaways which have included gift cards, aparrel, TV's and more. 

Lastly, there's an app called Skimm Ahead which is a subscription service ($2.99 per month) and syncs to your phone's calendar that include's events coming up such as sports games, Netflix releases, concert tickets, show specials and everything in between. It's extremely convenient and I love being on top of the things that interest me!  

I highly recommend signing up for The Skimm. It's free and I look forward to getting mine each morning before I go to work. :)

Go sign up for The Skimm and let me know what you think!! (copy and paste link into your browser)

https://www.theskimm.com/?r=31AJK


Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment