Tuesday, January 3, 2017

New Year New Resolutions




I honestly cannot believe that it's already 2017. 2016 came and went in a flash I feel like! 2016 was a good year for me and 2017 has some fun things in store as well.

For today's post I thought I'd share my resolutions. I've never been a resolution kind of person but this year I figured why not. These resolutions have been "goals" I've been wanting to work on but never really put the effort into. Since it's the start of a new year I feel like it's the perfect time to stop making excuses. Here are my 4 resolutions for 2017:



1.) Drink more water

I am HORRIBLE at this. I only drink when I'm thirsty and by that point I hear you're already screwed because it means you're dehydrated. My mom got me a super cute tumbler to keep drinks cold throughout the day so I'm putting that to good use as I type this. Plus drinking water throughout the day has so many benefits that I feel like I'm neglecting my body by not doing this simple task. Only downfall = peeing 3894738 times a day.

2.) Read more

I actually enjoy reading! My favorite genre are mysteries and thrillers. I would like to set a goal to read at least one book per month. My other goal in this one is to not have late fees on my books too...oopsies ;) If you have any good book recommendations, send them my way!

3.) Use my phone less

I'll be the first to admit that I'm addicted to my phone. I was thinking the other day how now everyone is so glued to their phones and I catch myself scrolling through Facebook or Instagram more times a day than I can count. I feel like I'm missing on what's going on right in front of me! I know this one will be hard especially since my music, recipes, shopping accounts and more are used everyday as well. Hopefully I can lure myself away from "mindless" phone usage!

4.) Be more organized

I am kind of a slob to live with (sorry, Benson!). My last goal is to take a few extra minutes each day and tidy up an area whether it be the bathroom counter to clean up the fur ball of hair that's left everyday, kitchen sink, coffee table or bedroom. If anyone has any good cleaning/organizing hacks let me know. I know this goal will be a constant battle for me.

There you go! Now that I have typed out my resolutions I'm hoping it holds me even more accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment