Monday, August 22, 2016

Weekend Recap

Another weekend has come and gone. I know I'm not the only one who struggles to get the motivation to come to work ready to go and jumping for joy for the week ahead (at least I hope!). This morning definitely called for an iced cold brew coffee from you guessed it...DD ;)

Now for the weekend recap via Snapchat and iPhone pictures!

Saturday I had friends over to the cottage for the day/night. It was SO HOT that day so it was the perfect lake day. I couldn't wait to get to cottage and into the lake because my makeup was basically melting off my face....literally. 

No surprise, Benson was already at the lake by about 7am to fish. I however chose to sleep in a little longer. I then headed to Wegmans, packed up the car and Riley and we were on our way. 

Once everyone started getting to the lake in the early afternoon we then headed for.......Deer Run! We even brought Riley thinking we would have Benson sit with him outside so he wouldn't bark while we were gone. The employees who were working saw him outside and asked whose dog it was. I said he belonged to us and they excitedly told us to bring him on in for them to see. It was Riley's first wine tour! He even met a cute little girl who was with her mom. I think Riley helped distract her so her mom could shop around for some "water" as she told her daughter ;)


Girls who wine taste


After the wine tasting, we quickly headed back to then relax on the water for the rest of the afternoon. It was perfect weather. Water, wine, sun, friends...what more could you need!?

Once we got hungry, we decided to head up to the grocery store to get a couple more things for dinner....and s'mores stuff. You can't have a bonfire without s'mores! 
On our way back to the cottage after picking up groceries we thought it would be fun to squeeze in a quick go-kart session. Our competitive sides were starting to show before we even took off! I however was lucky and got the fastest go-kart (Haha, Josh!) Although I technically came in second to last place.....I want a re-match!


When we got back we immediately started cooking dinner which consisted of burgers, zweigles, grilled corn, watermelon, and pasta salad (thanks, Camille!). I had never grilled corn before but oh my goodness it was good! I think from now on I will start grilling my corn instead of boiling it. 


Benson was our grill master. We joked saying he looked like my dad. Beer (or Knob Creek in my dad's case) in hand, and a frisbee to fan away the smoke! While he was grilling, the girls and I relaxed on the deck drinking: you guessed it...wine!


The rest of the night was pretty chill. We just hung out and made a fire and s'mores later in the night. Oh, and PSA: My friend Camille suggested we try making s'mores with the Keeblers fudge cookies instead of graham crackers. I was a little skeptical because I like my OG s'mores. However, these totally worked and tasted amazing! You don't even need to buy chocolate because the cookies are covered in fudge on side. Don't knock it till you try it!


I hope everyone had an amazing weekend as well and hope you enjoyed my little recap of what I did! Just think...only 4 more days until it's the weekend again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment