Monday, August 29, 2016

What is the Traveling Vineyard?

Hi friends! Starting off the week on the blog with a post sharing a little information about the Traveling Vineyard and what it's like to be a wine guide.


I became a wine guide last November. I simply was looking up in-home side businesses to join to make some extra cash. I thought I would have to do a Mary Kay or Avon type of thing. When I came across the Traveling Vineyard I thought to myself "I would get to do in-home wine tastings, AND get paid for it? Sign me up!". Of course it wasn't as spur of the moment as it sounds. I was still a little hesitant doing a direct sales type of thing and feared I would have to be too pushy in order to get bookings and sales. Turns out, there are no quotas to meet and it's as flexible as I want to make it. After doing my research and speaking with my upper wine guide, I was sold!

The Traveling Vineyard allows for people to be able to try wines before buying it as well as introduce them to wines they may not normally try. It also incorporates sommology which is wine and food pairing (my favorite!). Once I received my starter kit which had my first two tasting sets of wine (10 bottles), tasting glasses, sommology cards and more I was good to go and start my business.


Anyone who hosts a tasting gets to invite all their wine loving friends over to their home and I bring 5 bottles of wine to taste. Based on the wines I bring, I recommend food pairings for each wine that the host will pick and provide. Tastings are a chance for me as a wine guide to educate others about our wines which are exclusive to the Traveling Vineyard. You won't find Fissata at a liquor store that's for sure! Also as a host, based on tasting totals they are eligible for host discounts and have the ability to earn free wine!

As you probably know it's no surprise that I am a huge wine-o. When I tell people about this side business, most of them have never heard of it but are intrigued and have hosted tastings through me. In addition to doing tastings, there is opportunity to grow within the company. I am now a one-star leader which is a step above a wine guide. You can build a team if you want or just do your own thing and focus on tastings.

The things I love most about being a part of the Traveling Vineyard are:

1. Flexibility - I took the summer off due to being busy and being at our cottage most weekends. I didn't have to meet any quotas or stress about making a minimum sale. Now that fall is approaching, I'm ready to dive back into tastings!

2. Financial Benefits - Yes, I do get paid for each tasting I do based on the sales. Let me tell you, when I joined and did my first few tastings in early December I was very happy to get an extra check to have for holiday shopping!

3. Product - As I mentioned the wines for the Traveling Vineyard are exclusive to the company. I'm able to learn about each wine and what pairs best with it. I definitely have my few favorites that I get for myself every now and then.


Anyone who is interested in learning more about joining the Traveling Vineyard or hosting a tasting, feel free to contact me! 

http://www.travelingvineyard.com/guide/25028/


No comments:

Post a Comment