Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Wine Not

Here it is! The very first post of my blog. I figured I'd kick this off with a few facts about myself. Now I have to warn you, I am by no means a blogging expert. But if you enjoy reading posts about my daily life (which yes, includes coffee and wine) then grab a glass of either one and enjoy!

1.) I've always wanted to start a blog. I read my favorite bloggers everyday and that's what inspired me to write my own.

2.) I am married to my high school sweet heart (just celebrated two years last month!) and we have two fur babies, Riley a rat terrier and Dylan our 16 pound cat. They keep us pretty busy to say the least.

3.) I work full-time in human resources and recently received my master's degree in human resources last December. My bachelors degree is in psychology so I like to say human resources is sort of like the psychologist's of the workplace ;)

4.) My blog name was inspired by the saying "work hard, play harder". Coffee for work, wine for fun. Get it? :)

5.) I just got my first tattoo this past weekend. Yes, I was terrified but you can bet I felt like such a badass walking out of that tattoo shop afterwards! I got the coordinates to my favorite place on earth which is my family's cottage on the back of my shoulder.

6.) I am an only child and a big family oriented person. I consider my cousins my siblings and love living close to my parents and in-laws.

7.) My go-to coffee order is usually from Dunkin Donuts. Medium iced coffee with one cream and one sugar.

8.) My go-to wine: ANYTHING. Just kidding....kind of. I love all and every wine except rose's (bear with me. I'm not sure how to do the accent mark yet over the "e"..oops!). I also don't go for overly sweet wines like moscato. However, if you asked me in college what my favorite wine was, chances are you'd hear me say Barefoot Moscato, or Red Cat. That's how I got into wine! Today, I'll usually order chardonnay or cabernet. I also love prosecco!

9.) Wine tasting is basically my hobby. There's a winery by our cottage that does FREE, yes FREE wine tastings. They pretty much know me by name. I give them good business though to make up for all the free wine tasting's I've done.

10.) Lastly, I'll leave my last fact about me as a random but funny one. In high school I worked at Red Robin as the bird. Picture a giant red bird body with bright yellow spandex, clown shoes, and a big bird head that I could barely see out of the mouth to walk around in. And to top it off because I was the youngest employee (which is why I was the bird) they told me I got paid extra when I worked as "the bird".....I didn't.

There you go, folks! My first post and a chance for you to learn a little about me. Here's to a fun blog with more posts and snippets about my life. Cheers!

Pictured below: Wine from Deer Run Winery aka FREE wine tasting winery. Although we paid for these glasses ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment