Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Recipe: Funfetti Blondies

This morning's post is a delicious one! I wanted to share a recipe I stumbled upon and made this past Monday. Since I have recently decided to do my weekly food prepping on Monday nights, I wanted to make something sweet to have around for when I have a sweet tooth...which let's be honest is pretty much every day. I turned to good old Pinterest for some inspiration and came across....FUNFETTI BLONDIES.



Funfetti is my go-to birthday cake. My birthday is in October so my mom asked me what kind of cake I would like and of course I said funfetti (triple layer too!). Needless to say, I couldn't wait until October to have some funfetti so I decided to make these blondies.

There aren't too many ingredients you need which makes these super easy! You'll need:

* 1 box of funfetti cake mix
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil
* 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
* 1 egg beaten
* 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles (plus a little more to top the blondies before putting in the oven)
* 1/2 of an 11.5-oz bag of white chocolate chips


(Pictured in the background but not necessarily needed: wine. Baking & drinking wine is so much fun though!)

1. Start off by preheating the oven to 350 degrees and greasing a 9 x 13" pan.
2. In a large bowl combine cake mix, 1/2 cup of sprinkles, oil, and egg.
3. Stir those to combine.
4. Work in the heavy cream and white chocolate chips until you get a thick batter as shown below:


5. Place the batter into the pan and top with sprinkles 


6. Bake for 20-30 minutes or edges are brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean


7. Eat one (or two) when slightly cooled (or not)....TRUST ME ;) this is my added on direction. They are delicious which is why I wanted to share this recipe with the world....or the people who read my blog ;)

Let me know if you decide to make these too! You won't regret it!

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy Hayley! Congratulations on the blog. I love reading blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michele!! I'm glad you enjoy it :) I really love having a blog and am happy others enjoy it as well!

      Delete